Terms and Conditions
Oxford Castle and Prison Online Shop Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below apply to the use of this Website. By accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Please note tickets to visit the attraction cannot be ordered through the Oxford Castle and Prison Online Shop but can be bought online at https://bookings.oxfordcastleandprison.co.uk/
Description of Products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
Any description given is a guide and for information only. Weights and dimensions are approximate only. Always refer to the product packaging before consuming or using the product for full information and never rely solely on the information presented on the Website.
Placing Your Order
Once you have selected your items for purchase, you will be guided through the checkout process in a series of instructions on the website. Placing your order is done by pressing the pay now button at the end of the checkout process.
Once you have placed your order, we may send you an order acknowledgement email, and you may receive an order confirmation email detailing the Products you have ordered. These emails do not constitute acceptance of your order.
Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it by contacting us.
- Prices shown are inclusive of VAT, and exclude shipping which is displayed separately at the checkout.
- The Oxford Castle and Prison Online Shop accepts the following payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express. We also accept payments via Apple Pay, Google Pay and Shop Pay.
- Payment is taken from your card once your order is placed and your email confirmation has been sent to the email address provided during the purchase.
- Any refunds granted will be credited to the Debit or Credit Card used at the time of order processing. Once we receive the item(s), we will issue a refund or replacement(s), whichever is requested and depending upon availability.
- All orders are subject to availability. From time to time, a product may be out of stock after you have placed your order. If this happens, we will inform you by email. You have the right to cancel this order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will make every effort to dispatch goods within two working days, provided the goods are in stock. However, this may vary in peak periods such as Christmas and during seasonal events.
- Delivery can only be made to mainland addresses within the UK.
- Products will be delivered by Royal Mail within 30 days. If you have not received your product within 30 days please contact us by emailing email@example.com
Returns and cancellations
- You may cancel your order up to 14 days after your order is delivered. To cancel an order please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your order has not yet been dispatched, you will receive a full refund within 14 days of cancelling the order.
- We hope that you are happy with your purchase, however if you are not, please return it to us in its original condition within 14 days of receipt and we will be happy to exchange it (subject to availability) or give you a refund. The refund will include any outbound postage costs, however return postage costs will need to be made at the customer's expense, unless your order was faulty or incorrect. Please note: items excluded from this policy are personalised items; edible items as chocolates; and items which have been sealed where the seal is broken. These items are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged unless they are faulty or damaged
- To return an item:
- Send us an email at email@example.com and let us know your order number and why you would like to return the order. We’ll get in touch and let you know what to do next.
- Wherever possible, please return the items in their original (or similarly robust) packaging. Please note that when returning an item, the parcel is your responsibility until it reaches us. We recommend that you ask your Post Office for a proof of posting (available free of charge). This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. Returns should be sent to:
We may also be able to accept returns at our shop in Oxford, please discuss this with us at firstname.lastname@example.org before calling in.
5. In the rare event that goods are delivered faulty or damaged please contact our Customer Services team at email@example.com so we can arrange a replacement or a refund. Goods are classified as faulty if they are received damaged, or when a manufacturing fault occurs within 6 months of purchase. Items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty
6. Refunds will be issued within 14 days of receipt of the returned goods. A refund will be issued for return postage paid only when the item is found to be defective or incorrectly supplied from the original order. If you fail to return goods at your expense we reserve the right to charge the direct costs for their recovery and may offset that amount against any refund due.
If you have a question about products or delivery options, making an order online, or an order you have already placed, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Our company details are:
VAT number: GB780504535